CITY OF TULSA BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Tulsa City Council Chambers
175 East 2nd Street, 2nd Level, One Technology Center
Tuesday, October 27, 2020, 1:00 P.M.
Meeting No. 1261
The City Board of Adjustment will be held in the Tulsa City Council Chambers and by videoconferencing and teleconferencing.
Board of Adjustment members and members of the public may attend the meeting in the Tulsa City Council Chamber but are encouraged to attend and participate in the Board of Adjustment meeting via videoconferencing and teleconferencing by joining from a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Join Videoconference: https://www.gotomeet.me/COT5/boa-gotomeeting-in-council-chambers-october-27th
Join Teleconference by dialing: +1 (571) 317-3122
Participants must then enter the following Access Code: 770-053-189
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/770053189
The following City Board of Adjustment members plan to attend remotely via GoToMeeting, provided that they may still be permitted to appear and attend at the meeting site, Tulsa City Council Chambers, at One Technology Center, 175 East Second Street, Tulsa Oklahoma: Stuart Van De Wiele, Austin Bond, Burlinda Radney, Jessica Shelton and Steve Brown.
CONSIDER, DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTION ON:
- Approval of Minutes of September 8, 2020 (Meeting No. 1258).
- 22996—Nick Puma – Variance to allow a non-conforming lot to have less than 50% open space (Section 80.020-B). LOCATION: 1037 East 39th Street South (CD 9)
- 23007—Tom Neal – Variance to allow more than 25% coverage by an accessory building in the rear setback (Section 90.090-C); Variance of the allowable height of a detached accessory building from one story or 18 feet in height to two stories and 26 feet in height and from 10 feet to 18 feet in height to the top of the top plate (Section 90.090.C); Variance of the minimum required open space in the RS-2 District (Section 5.030, Table 5-3). LOCATION: 210 East Hazel Boulevard South (CD 4)
- 23015—Tom Neal – Special Exception to allow an accessory dwelling unit in an RS-4 District (Section 45.031-D); Variance to allow the floor area of detached accessory buildings to exceed 500 square feet and 40% of the floor area of the principal residential structure (Section 45.030-B); Variance to allow a nonconforming lot to have less than 50% open space (Section 80.020-B); Variance to allow more than 30% coverage by an accessory dwelling unit in the rear setback in an RS-4 District (Section 90.090-C); Variance to allow a detached accessory dwelling unit to exceed one story or 18 feet in height and to exceed 10 feet in height to the top of the top plate. (Section 90.090-C). LOCATION: 1129 North Denver Avenue West (CD 1) Addendum 1
- 23017—Tonya Exom – Special Exception to allow a manufactured housing unit in an RS-3 District (Section 5.020, Table 5-2); Special Exception to extend the time limit permanently (Section 40.210). LOCATION: 1037 East 26th Place North (CD 1) Addendum 1 Addendum 2
- 23019—Back Land Use Planning – Carolyn Back – Amendment to remove Lot 1, Block 11 Park Plaza Seventh Amended Addition from Community Development Project -53 (Section 30.020-C). LOCATION: 4821 South 72nd East Avenue (CD 5) Addendum 1
- 23020—Sherwood Construction Company, Inc. – Appeal of the Administrative Decision issued by the Land Use Administrator dated September 14th, 2020 that the activity described by the appellant is an Industrial/Mining and Mineral Processing Use (Section 70.140). LOCATION: N/A Addendum 1
- 23021—Dan Call – Variance to reduce the required 20-foot rear setback (Section 5.030-A, Table 5-3). LOCATION: 1929 South Jamestown Avenue East (CD 4) Addendum 1
- BOA Work Session to consider, discuss and/or take action on:
- 300 foot spacing for bars
- alternative compliance parking studies
- blade sign limitations
- variances and what constitutes a hardship
- time limitations for speakers
BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS