This request for artist qualifications is the first of a two-stage competitive process to identify artists to be considered for upcoming projects.
This project will use public art to create vibrant places and attractive destinations while highlighting the unique cultural diversity of the Tulsa Global District (map attached).
Professional artists or artist teams residing in Oklahoma with public mural project experience who have successfully managed and completed at least one mural commission on schedule and on budget.
For the RFQ stage, we are inviting artists to submit a single document in PDF format. Please include:
– A current CV (artist or team)
– Brief artist bio(s) and headshot photo(s)
– Brief overview of experience with or commitment to cultural diversity of the Global District
– Images of up to 5 recent projects (up to a maximum of 3 images per project), including written description of the piece, size, location, and project cost
– Names and contact information for two references
Do not submit concept proposals at this stage.
Email your submission to email@example.com by 5 p.m. on October 22, 2021. Incomplete or late submissions are subject to disqualification. All submission materials will be retained by Tulsa Global District.
Artist Selection Process
From this RFQ process, a Review Committee made up of public art professionals and community stakeholders will select up to six (6) artists/teams as Pre-Qualified Artists. Only applicants advancing to the Pre-Qualified Artists pool will be notified.
The pool of Pre-Qualified Artists will be given the opportunity to respond to Requests for Proposals for specific wall locations in the Global District, including design concepts, project budget, and timetable. Each Pre-Qualified Artist who submits one or more designs during the Request for Proposal stage will receive a $150 design stipend. Artists may not receive more than one stipend.
The Selection Panel will award grants based on the artistic merits and cultural significance of the proposals, with the goal of maximizing the impact created by funded projects. Pre-Qualified Artists may be awarded more than one grant. It is anticipated that four grants will be awarded.
A total of $24,000 will be awarded for four murals
– RFQ Application Deadline: October 22, 2021
– Pre-Qualified Artists Selected: No later than October 31, 2021
– Request for proposals released: November 1, 2021
– Grant awards: December 2021
– Mural installation: March – May 2022
– Mural completion deadline: May 31, 2022
If selected to receive a grant, artists will be required to execute an Artist Agreement with Tulsa Global District. Among other items, the agreement will include the provision that artists grant Tulsa Global District and Presenting Sponsor an artistic copyright to promote, reproduce, photograph, or republish images of the completed murals.