CITY OF TULSA BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Tulsa City Council Chambers
175 East 2nd Street, 2nd Level, One Technology Center Tuesday,
October 25, 2022, 1:00 P.M.
Meeting No. 1305
If you wish to present or share any documents, written comments, or exhibits during the hearing, please submit them by 9:00 a.m. the day of the hearing. Remember to reference the case number and include your name and address.
Mail or In Person: City of Tulsa BOA c/o INCOG, 2 W. 2nd St., Suite 800 Tulsa 74103
INTRODUCTION AND NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
At this Meeting, the Board of Adjustment, in accord with and pursuant to applicable Board of Adjustment Policies and Procedures, will review, consider, discuss, and may take action on, approve, amend, modify, approve with amendment(s) or modification(s), deny, reject, or defer any action on any item listed on this Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes of September 27, 2022 (Meeting No. 1302
Review and possible approval, approval with modifications, denial, or deferral of the following:
- 23429 – Ray Toraby – Action Requested: Variance to allow a dynamic display sign to be within 50-feet of the driving surface of a signalized intersection (Section 60.100-D);Variance to allow a dynamic display sign to be within 20-feet of the driving surface of the street (Sec. 60.100-E). Location: 9014 S Yale Ave E (CD- 8)
- 23441 – Childs, Clinton Ross & Elizabeth Anne – Action Requested: Variance to reduce the required 15-foot side street building setback and 20-foot setback for a street facing garage door (5.080-B Table note ) Special Exception to increase the permitted driveway width (Section 55.090-F.3) Location: 2507 S. Evanston Ave. (CD 4)
- 23443 – Max McGuirk – Action Requested: Special Exception to permit a duplex in the RS-3 district (Table 5.020, Table 5-2, Table 5-2.5) Location: 209 S. Urbana (CD – 4)
- 23444 – Kiana Smith – Action Requested: Variance to reduce the required 20-foot rear setback in the RS-3 District (5.030-A, Table 5-3) Location: 12 W. Queen St. (CD-1)
- 23445 – Nathalie Cornett – Action Requested: Variance to increase the maximum aggregate sign area in the CS District (Sec.60.080-C, Table 60-3) Location: 3218 S. 79th Ave (CD – 5)
- 23446 – Elite Agricultural Properties, LLC – Action Requested: Special Exception to allow a Group Living/ Monastery Use in the AG District (Sec. 25.020-B, Table 25-1) Location: 8533 E. 58th St. S. (CD – 7)
- 23447 – Brent Brownlee – Action Requested: Special Exception to allow a fence or wall to exceed 4-feet in height in the street setback (Sec. 45.080-A) Location: 2536 E. 57 St. S. (CD – 9)
- 23448 – Tom Neal – Action Requested: Special Exception to allow an Accessory Dwelling Unit in the RS-4 District (45.031-D); Variance to allow the floor area of Detached Accessory Buildings/ Dwelling Units to exceed 500 square feet and 40% of the floor area of the principal residential structure (Section 45.030-A, 45.031-D.6); Variance to allow a Detached Accessory Building/ Dwelling Unit to exceed one story or 18-feet in height and to exceed 10-feet in height to the top of the top plate in the rear setback and to allow more than 30% coverage of the rear setback by an Accessory Building/Dwelling Unit in the RS-3 District (Section 90.090-C2) Location: 1123 S. Delaware Pl. (CD – 4)
- 23449 – Jose Perez – Action Requested: Special Exception to allow a manufactured housing unit in the RS-3 District (Sec. 5.020, Table 5-2 ); Special Exception to extend the one-year time limit to allow the Manufactured Housing Unit permanently (Sec.40.210-A) Location: 2602 E. 51st St. N. (CD – 1)
BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS