CITY OF TULSA BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Tulsa City Council Chambers
175 East 2nd Street, 2nd Level, One Technology Center
Tuesday, December 13, 2022, 1:00 p.m.
Meeting No. 1307
If you wish to present or share any documents, written comments, or exhibits during the hearing, please submit them by 9:00 a.m. the day of the hearing. Remember to reference the case number and include your name and address.
Mail or In Person: City of Tulsa BOA c/o INCOG, 2 W. 2nd St., Suite 800 Tulsa 74103
INTRODUCTION AND NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC
At this Meeting, the Board of Adjustment, in accord with and pursuant to applicable Board of Adjustment Policies and Procedures, will review, consider, discuss, and may take action on, approve, amend, modify, approve with amendment(s) or modification(s), deny, reject, or defer any action on any item listed on this Agenda.
- Approval of Minutes of October 25th, 2022 (Meeting No. 1305)
Review and possible approval, approval with modifications, denial, or deferral of the following:
- 23435 – Josh Miller – Action Requested: Special Exception to permit a Day Care Use in the RS-3 District (Table 5.020, Table 5-2) Variance to reduce the 12,000 square-foot minimum lot size and 100-foot minimum lot width for Special Exception uses in the RS-3 District (Sec. 5.030-A, Table 5-3); Variance to reduce the 25-foot setback for non-residential Special Exception uses from R-zoned lots (Sec. 5.030-B,Table note ) Location: 2742 N. Boulder Ave. (CD – 1)
- 23442 – Acura Neon – Action Requested: Variance to permit more than one freestanding sign per street frontage in an R District for a non-residential use (Sec.60.050-B.2.b) Location: 7777 S. Lewis Ave. (CD-2)
- 23447 – Brent Brownlee – Action Requested: Special Exception to allow a fence or wall to exceed 4-feet in height in the street setback (Sec. 45.080-A) Location: 2536 E. 57 St. S. (CD – 9)
- 23457 – Zach Burrow – Action Requested: Special Exception to allow a fence to exceed 4-feet in height inside a required street setback (Sec. 45.080-A) Location: 5780 S. Peoria Ave. (CD – 9)
- 23458 – Cheryl Cohenour – Action Requested: Special exception for parking and/or storage of a recreational vehicle in the street yard on a corner lot (Section 45.150) Location: 2809 E 28th St (CD – 4)
- 23459 – Crown Neon Signs – Action Requested: Variance to permit a dynamic display sign within 200-feet of a Residential District (Sec.60.100-F) Location: 4609 E 31st St. S. (CD – 4)
- 23460 – Kimberly McCoy – Action Requested: Special Exception to permit an addition to existing structure with a non-conforming side setback (Sec. 80.030-D); Variance to reduce the required 50% open space for a non-conforming lot (Sec. 80.020-B) Location: 1519 S. Norfolk Ave. (CD – 4)
- 23462 – Alcorn Services Company – Action Requested: Special Exception to modify a previously approved site plan (Sec. 70.120). Property previously received waivers of screening requirements. Location: 5524 E. 15th St. (CD – 5)
- 23463 – Tom Neal – Action Requested: Special Exception to allow an Accessory Dwelling Unit in an RS-2 District (45.031-D) Location: 5978 E. 36th St. S. (CD – 5)
- 23464-C. Joseph Watt – Action Requested: Special Exception to permit 2-unit townhouses in the RS-3 District. ( Sec. 5.020-G, Table 5-2.5) Request is to allow three 2-unit townhouses for a total of 6 dwelling units. Location: North of the NE/c of N. Trenton Ave. and E. Virgin St. (CD – 1)
- 23465 – Himanshu Punjani – Action Requested: Special Exception to permit Moderate-Impact Medical Marijuana processing (Moderate-impact Manufacturing & Industry Use) in the IL district (Sec. 15.020, Table 15-2) Location: 9909 E. 46th Pl. (CD – 7)
- 23466 – Roberto De La Cruz – Action Requested: Special Exception to allow a manufactured housing unit in the RS-3 district (Sec. 5.020, Table 5-2); Special Exception to extend the one-year time limit to allow the Manufactured Housing Unit permanently (Sec.40.210-A) Location: 2123 N. Atlanta Ave E. (CD – 1)
- 23467 – Phillip Doyle – Action Requested: Variance to reduce the required 25-foot rear setback in the RS-1 District (Sec. 5.030-A, Table 5-3) Location: 2320 E. 67th St. S. (CD – 9)
- 23468 – Phillip Doyle – Action Requested: Special Exception to allow an Accessory Dwelling Unit in the RE District (45.031-D); Variance to permit more than 20% coverage of the rear setback by a Detached Accessory Building/Dwelling Unit (Sec.90.090-C, Table 90-2) Location: 4320 S. Victor Ave. E. (CD – 9)
- 23469 – Nathalie Cornett – Action Requested: Variance to reduce the required 4,000 square feet of open space and to reduce the required 60-foot lot width in the RS-3 District to permit a lot split (Sec. 5.030-A, Table 5-3) Location: 1512 E 33rd St. (CD – 9)
- 23470 – Stuart Van De Wiele – Action Requested: Special Exception to permit alternative compliance parking ratios to reduce the required number of parking spaces for an apartment/office use in the CH District (Section 55.050-K; Section 55.020 Table 55-1) Location: 901 N. Elgin Ave. and 415 E. Independence St. (CD – 1)
- 23471 – Mark Capron – Action Requested: Special Exception to permit alternative compliance parking ratios to reduce the required number of parking spaces for an apartment use in the CH District (Section 55.050-K; Section 55.020 Table 55-1) Location: 6402 E. Pine St. N. (CD – 3)
- 23473 – Danielle Bell – Action Requested: Special Exception to permit a Small (up to 250-person capacity) Assembly and Entertainment Use serving or selling alcoholic beverages to be located within 150-feet of a residential zoning district (Sec. 15.020-G, Table Note ) Location: 5029 N. Peoria Ave. (Tenant space: 5013) (CD – 1)
- Review and approval of changes to the City of Tulsa Board of Adjustment Policies and Procedure.
BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS