About the Program
VISION Arts emphasizes the artistic and cultural industry within Tulsa and solidifies its role as a driver of economic growth and development. The specific purpose of the VISION Arts is to strategically engage the City’s arts and cultural organizations in boosting the local economy. The Tulsa City Council approved a fourth round of awards, VISION Arts 4, on August 3, 2022.
A total of $2,250,000 was approved by voters in 2016 as part of the Vision Tulsa capital package to support the arts in Tulsa and enhance their economic impact. These grants are scheduled for regular distribution during the Vision Tulsa program. So far, $600,000 has been distributed in grants to Tulsa arts organizations.
Vision Arts, a collaboration between Tulsa City Council, the Mayor’s Office and Tulsa Arts Commission, provides selected 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(3)-sponsored organizations funding for programs that support art projects that stimulate economic development throughout Tulsa. Applying organizations may request up to $50,000 in funding with no private match requirement.
Eligible organizations must provide proof of their own (or sponsor’s) tax-exempt status, provide details about how the project will align with the Vision Arts goals and demonstrate the potential economic impact for the Tulsa community.
The Tulsa Arts Commission hosted several virtual information sessions for interested parties.
- Application Open: October 1, 2022, 8 a.m. Central
- Virtual Informational Sessions
- Application Close: Sunday, December 4, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Central
- Organizations have from Saturday July 1, 2023, until Sunday, June 30, 2024, to use funding for Eligible Expenses.
- The End-of-Cycle Report must be completed within 30 days after the stated program Closing Date.
- The final invoice and supporting itemization of the costs incurred in completing the approved proposal must be submitted by Wednesday, July 31, 2024.
2 West Second St, Suite 800
Tulsa, OK 74103
- Promote visibility and awareness of the arts in Tulsa;
- Contribute to increased visitor and tourism activity;
- Promote Tulsa’s arts and cultural assets as key components of the city’s identity;
- Strengthen future development and economic growth throughout the city.
- Fund events, programs, and festivals that attract a broad audience of visitors and tourists;
- Build and diversify audiences from research and marketing strategies;
- Highlight destinations by encouraging cultural events and creative activity;
- Create engaging content for multimedia that tells Tulsa’s arts story to visitors and residents alike;
- Increase access to cultural attractions and events;
- Embrace a collaborative approach to enhance the local community through the arts.