Zoning regulations govern how land can be used for residential, commercial, or industrial uses in particular zoning categories. The purpose of zoning is to protect the rights of property owners while promoting the general health, safety and welfare of the community and to implement the vision and objectives in the Comprehensive Plan.
Zoning regulations are specified in ordinances for the City of Tulsa, Tulsa County, and other jurisdictions. Zoning ordinances are adopted by City Council or the County Board of Commissioners, and are law.
Zoning regulations might:
• restrict where industrial uses can occur
• require specific amounts of car and bicycle parking
• specify building heights and setbacks
• govern the use of digital signs
• require minimum landscaping standards
Did you receive a notice of violation?
The notice includes the name and phone number of the City of Tulsa Neighborhood Inspector assigned to your case.