CITY OF TULSA BOARD OF ADJUSTMENT
Regularly Scheduled Meeting
Tulsa City Council Chambers
175 East 2nd Street, 2nd Level, One Technology Center
Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 1:00 P.M.
Meeting No. 1270
The City Board of Adjustment will be held in the Tulsa City Council Chambers and by videoconferencing and teleconferencing.
Board of Adjustment members and members of the public may attend the meeting in the Tulsa City Council Chamber but are encouraged to attend and participate in the Board of Adjustment meeting via videoconferencing and teleconferencing by joining from a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Join Videoconference: https://www.gotomeet.me/COT4/boa-gotomeeting-in-council-chambers-april-13th
Join Teleconference by dialing: +1 (312) 757-3121 then entering Access Code 579-239-333
Download the GoToMeeting app now to be ready when the meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/579239333
The following Board members plan to attend via videoconferencing or teleconferencing, though they are still permitted to attend at the meeting site: Austin Bond, Stuart Van De Wiele, Burlinda Radney, Jessica Shelton, and Steve Brown.
If you wish to present or share any documents, written comments, or exhibits during the hearing, please submit them by 9:00 AM the day of the hearing. Remember to reference the case number and include your name and address.
Mail or In Person: City of Tulsa BOA c/o INCOG, 2 W. 2nd St., Suite 800, Tulsa, OK 74103
CONSIDER, DISCUSS AND/OR TAKE ACTION ON:
- Approval of Minutes of March 23, 2020 (Meeting No. 1269).
- 23097—Pete Webb – Variance to allow more than one sign per street frontage in an Office District (Section 60.060-B1); Variance to allow dynamic display signs in an Office District on a lot not occupied by a public, civic or institutional use, to allow more than one dynamic display per street frontage, to allow dynamic display signs to operate 24 hours and to exceed 32 square feet in display area (Section 60.060-E, Section 60.060-E1 and Section 60.060-E3); Variance to allow the area of a wall sign to exceed the maximum allowable display area of 150 square feet in an Office District (Section 60.060-C). LOCATION: 2408 East 81st Street South (CD 2) Addendum 1
- 23098—Tom Neal – Special Exception to allow an accessory dwelling unit in an RS-3 District (Section 45.031-D); Variance to allow the floor area of a detached accessory dwelling unit to exceed 500 square feet or 40% of the floor area of the principal residential structure (Section 45.030-A2 and Section 45.031-D6.a); Variance to allow a detached accessory dwelling unit to exceed one story or 18 feet in height and to exceed 10 feet in height to the top of the top plate (Section 90.090-C); Variance to allow more than 30% coverage by a detached accessory dwelling unit in the rear setback in an RS-3 District (Section 90.090-C, Table 90-2). LOCATION: 1240 South Gary Avenue East (CD 4) Addendum 1 Addendum 2
- 23099—Sandra Doctor – Special Exception to permit a carport in the street yard and street setback with modifications to size, height, and setbacks (Section 90.090-C.1). LOCATION: 1567 North Oswego Avenue East (CD 3)
- 23101—Tom Neal – Variance to allow the floor area of a detached accessory dwelling unit to exceed 500 square feet or 40% of the floor area of the principal residential structure (Section 45.030-A and Section 45.031-D). LOCATION: 1111 East 5th Place South (CD 4) Addendum 1 Addendum 2 Addendum 3
- 23102—Matt Emmons – Special Exception to increase the permitted driveway width in an RS-2 District. (Section 55.090-F.3). LOCATION: 4112 East 62nd Street South (CD 8)
- 23104—Kyle Gibson – Special Exception to allow an accessory dwelling unit in an RS-3 District (Section 45.031-D); Special Exception to permit the alteration, expansion or enlargement of a non-conforming structure (Section 80.030-D). LOCATION: 1504 East 20th Street South (CD 4)
- 23105—Eller & Detrich – Nathalie Cornett – Variance to permit a fence to be located within the right-of-way of South Columbia Place (Section 90.090-A); Special Exception to permit a fence that exceeds 4-feet in height in the street setback (Section 45.080-A). LOCATION: 2738 East 51st Street South (CD 9) Addendum 1
- 23106—Mike Foshee – Variance to allow the floor area of a detached accessory building to exceed 500 square feet or 40% of the floor area of the principal residential structure (Section 45.030-A). LOCATION: 4936 South 24th Place West (CD 2) Addendum 2
BOARD MEMBER COMMENTS