The Tulsa Planning Office leads both the long-range and current planning efforts for the City of Tulsa and unincorporated parts of Tulsa County. Our work helps guide future development and public investments for the city and county with a focus on improving the quality of life for local residents, and includes:
• the development of comprehensive plans
• management of the City of Tulsa and Tulsa County Zoning Codes
• small area planning to assist neighborhoods with more specific, contextual strategies
• the implementation and tracking of existing plans
• the Destination District program, focused on revitalizing commercial districts and creating vibrant destinations throughout Tulsa
• administration of historic preservation, zoning and other supporting programs
Tulsa Planning Office staff provide support for the Tulsa Metropolitan Area Planning Commission (TMAPC), City of Tulsa Board of Adjustment, Tulsa County Board of Adjustment, and the Tulsa Preservation Commission.
Zoning cases are heard by Planning Commission, while variances and special exceptions are considered by the City and County Boards of Adjustment. Cases that go before these bodies are handled by Tulsa Planning Office staff, who process and review the applications before making recommendations to the appropriate body.